Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Building

     Carson had a first yesterday, he stacked blocks on top of each other!  I can finally say he builds instead destroys...well he still destroys.  He was playing with three blocks, would get two of them stacked and inevitably would knock them over while trying to pick up the third.  Every time this happened he would let out a whine of frustration.  Although I felt bad for the little guy it was pretty funny.  But when he would get all three stacked he would smile and clap.  The tower stands for about five seconds before his hand comes swinging through and knocks them over!
     His finicky eating continues, the only way he would eat his yogurt yesterday was if he fed himself, he refused if the spoon was in my hand.  I knew this day would come and I would have to suck it up and deal with the mess.  So I pulled out a bib, which he hasn't worn in months, and sat him in the kitchen.  After a few unsuccessful attempt at getting much on the spoon he would let me hold the spoon with him to scoop it and guide into his mouth.  Not only is he into feeding himself, but he also wants to feed other people.  Lately he has been feeding Jason and I as well as his friends at play dates.  
    Carson started swim lessons again this week.  I chose the 9 am time slot because we're up around 7:45/8 am anyway.  Yesterday was the first day of class and we had to wake Carson out of a snoring sleep at 8:30 am!!  I couldn't believe the one day he sleeps in we had to wake him up to leave.  Today he was back to 7:45 am, we'll see what tomorrow holds. He loves swimming and is doing well in the pool.   

No comments:

Post a Comment